We supply complimentary or standalone project and construction management or co-ordination services, from initial concept and briefing through to post completion operation and maintenance requirements. Our methodology delivers successful projects of all scales and complexities, especially roll out programmes of fast track fit outs but can also be tailored to bespoke units meeting the requirements of your business plan.
Your success is our success and with most clients focus on speed to market and cost, our services are very complimentary. We act as lead consultants or contract administrator.
A typical project specification for our Project management service would be to:-
The General Objective
Acting as the client’s representative within the contractual terms applicable, to lead, direct, coordinate and supervise the project in association with the project team.
Julian Church and Associates will ensure that the client’s brief, all designs, specifications and relevant information are made available to, and are executed as specified with due regard to cost by, the design team, consultants and contractors (ie the project team) so that the client’s objectives are fully met.
Responsible and reporting to the client.
Functional: Fully integrated working with any project support staff who are not subordinates:
- Liaison, as required/ expedient with relevant client’s staff eg legal, insurance etc
- Full interdependent cooperation with
- Design team and consultants
- Client and other key stakeholders
External: liaison with local or other relevant authority on matters concerning the projects.
Authority: Julian Church and Associates will be empowered authority to determine and the ability deriving therefrom to control, command and determine requirements to the projects. Responsibility within the confines of this authority shall be agreed at commencement of this appointment to ensure the successful achievement of the clients objectives and if necessary appropriate lines of authority and communication to facilitate the implementation of agreed procedures.
A summary of our PM service would be:-
- Act on behalf of the design team as the Contract Administrator under a JCT IFC2016 type of contract
- Hold site meetings at weekly/fortnightly intervals with Contractor and all other parties. Take and distribute minutes
- Monitor and seek resolution of any queries raised by the Contractor on the design and production issues. Agree information release programme with Contractor and monitor the issue of all information in accordance with the programme
- Monitor the provision of information, seek resolution of queries and monitor the inspection of the works by the designer to check it is constructed in accordance with the contract documents
- Closely check the Contractors progress on the works against the Construction programme and advise the Client and designer as soon as it becomes evident that a delay has occurred or is likely. Advise reasons for the delay and the implications
- At least five working days prior to the completion date, monitor the preparation and issue of a list of outstanding works and snagging items in conjunction with the Designer/Client to be completed prior to the issue of the Practical Completion Certificate. Confirm the date and time of Practical Completion Inspection
- Arrange and monitor Practical Completion Inspection and preparation of schedule of defects and outstanding works. Agree programme for remedial works with Contractor
- Arrange a suitable date and time for the end of defects liability period inspection and notify all parties
- Monitor the preparation and issue to the contractor of a list of remedial works required. Agree a programme for the remedial work and access arrangements
- Issue Final Recommendation to the Contract Administrator for the issue of the Final Certificate
What People Say
Excellent service from an experienced professional team, JCA have advised Exclusive Hotels on numerous properties and fit out issues, their advice is clear with good clear communication during the works and always a job well done”.
Danny Pecorelli–Exclusive Hotels and Venues