Julian Church & Associates (JCA) are Quantity Surveyors by profession, however unlike some traditional private surveyors, we are a niche sector organisation with a multi-service approach.
We advise national and international clients in the commercial/ specialist new build and fit out sectors of retail, restaurant, hotel, leisure and health regarding cost and procurement matters from inception to completion and the agreement of the final account.
Our services can be called upon from the very earliest stages of a project to determine the viability of a scheme. Then, as the design is developed, cost planning and further cost checks can be implemented subject to complexity of the scheme, to ensure that the estimated scheme cost can be reviewed against the budget at various stages.
We are proactive in ensuring that we advise, manage and forecast costs to ensure value and budgetary control is maintained throughout the construction process.
As part of a project, we not only support the traditional building contract aspects of developments but are also experienced in dealing with procurement and cost managing of direct suppliers and sub-contractors on our clients’ behalf.
As a commercially minded and innovative organisation, it has always been our determination to build strong working relationships at every level from a robust and varied client base.
A typical project specification for our Quantity Surveying service would be to:-
- liaising with clients and the professional team
- advice on cost
- preparation of initial budget/cost plan/cash flow forecasts
- prepare and maintain cost plan
- advise design team on impact of design development on cost
- liaise with professional team
- advise on procurement strategy
- liaise with client’s legal advisors on contract matters
- prepare tender documents
- define prospective tenderers
- obtain tenders/check tenders/prepare recommendation for client
- maintain and develop cost plan
- visit the site
- prepare interim valuations
- advise on the cost of variations
- agree the cost of claims
- advise on contractual matters
- arrange release of retention funds
- prepare the final account
You can download our FREE PDF on Why Use a Quantity Surveyor?
What People Say
I highly recommend Julian Church for any construction project oversight in the UK. When I moved to London (from the US) in 2010 to begin the European expansion efforts for Chipotle, Julian played a key role in our London area expansion. Not only is Julian very skilled in his area of expertise, he worked very well with the entire development team in solving problems and getting a quality finished product”.
Rex Jones (former) Chief Development Officer, Chipotle Mexican Grill